Featured Case StudyThe Norsea Gas Terminal in Northern Germany plays a vital role in the connection of pipeline systems coming from the North Sea to the natural gas distribution network throughout Germany. Built in...Stay
- ANSYS Software
Featured Case StudyRelying on ANSYS Composite PrepPost helped EADS Innovation Works to develop lightweight composites in aircraft design. ANSYS Composite PrepPost provided simple pre- and post-processing of composite...Stay
- Resource Library
- News &
Utilizing ANSYS for Steel and Concrete Code Design - ANSYS e-Learning
ANSYS has always been a great tool for performing detailed finite element analyses, but did you know one can also directly design steel and concrete structures within ANSYS. Does your job require you to size steel beams or define concrete reinforcement steel? Would you prefer to import beams with AISC or international properties rather than typing in section dimensions? Do you need access to both US and international standards for your building, bridge or nuclear related structure? Would you like the ability to automate concrete design interaction diagrams? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you should view this e-Learning session.
CAE Associates’ Vice President Peter Barrett guides you through the process of checking and designing steel beams and concrete slabs and walls all within the ANSYS environment*. You will learn how to:
- Select a Steel, Reinforced Concrete, Pre-stress Concrete and Seismic code
- Select from libraries of standard or irregular steel properties that match your stiffness requirements
- Access pre-existing material libraries for steel, concrete and soil
- Automatically extract forces and moments and design reinforcement with 3D solid models
- Develop reinforcement requirements that are derived from nonlinear interaction diagrams
- Apply these design requirements to any ANSYS linear or nonlinear analysis, including complex load combination
* The CivilFEM for ANSYS product is used to perform the design operations discussed in this e-Learning session.
If you cannot access the video above, you can view this ANSYS e-Learning session here.
The complete library of ANSYS e-Learning series recordings is available for viewing via CAE Associates YouTube Channel.
Disclaimer: This session is a recording of a live presentation. Please note that you cannot obtain a PE credit by viewing this recording.
- Engineering Consulting
- ANSYS Software & Support
- ANSYS Training
- About Us
- News & Insights
1579 Straits Turnpike Suite 2B
Middlebury, CT 06762
- ANSYS Software