Featured Case StudyThe Norsea Gas Terminal in Northern Germany plays a vital role in the connection of pipeline systems coming from the North Sea to the natural gas distribution network throughout Germany. Built in...Stay
- ANSYS Software
Featured Case StudyRelying on ANSYS Composite PrepPost helped EADS Innovation Works to develop lightweight composites in aircraft design. ANSYS Composite PrepPost provided simple pre- and post-processing of composite...Stay
- Resource Library
- News &
Mechanically Fastened Joints and Bolt Preload - ANSYS e-Learning
Many structural analysis requirements address assemblies with mechanically fastened joints. Finite element simulation provides insight into load transfer and detailed part stresses of assemblies. During this ANSYS e-Learning session, CAE Associates Project Manager George Bauer discusses:
- Different bolted connection approaches for various levels of detail or analysis focus.
- Global and detail level shell and beam modeling.
- Detailed solid part connections and problem setup.
- Applying bolt pretension load and monitoring.
- Bolt and Part contact & interaction options and setup.
- Rigid body motion and general nonlinear problem setup.
- Postprocessing important results quantities. Integration with design studies and optimization.
If you wish the view the accompanying Powerpoint presentation, please click here.
If you cannot access the video above, you can view this ANSYS e-Learning session here.
The complete library of ANSYS e-Learning series recordings is available for viewing via CAE Associates YouTube Channel.
This session is a recording of a live presentation. Please note that you cannot obtain a PE credit by viewing this recording.
- Engineering Consulting
- ANSYS Software & Support
- ANSYS Training
- About Us
- News & Insights
1579 Straits Turnpike Suite 2B
Middlebury, CT 06762
- ANSYS Software