Featured Case StudyThe Norsea Gas Terminal in Northern Germany plays a vital role in the connection of pipeline systems coming from the North Sea to the natural gas distribution network throughout Germany. Built in...Stay
- ANSYS Software
Featured Case StudyRelying on ANSYS Composite PrepPost helped EADS Innovation Works to develop lightweight composites in aircraft design. ANSYS Composite PrepPost provided simple pre- and post-processing of composite...Stay
- Resource Library
- News &
ANSYS DesignModeler for CFD
B.S. in engineering or engineering experience.
The first stage in developing a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) model involves creating solid model geometry or importing the geometry from a commercial CAD system. DesignModeler is an ANSYS Workbench application that provides the capabilities to perform these functions and much more. DesignModeler is designed to address the specific needs of the CFD analyst, including simplifying existing CAD geometry, creating detailed and complex geometry, extracting flow domains, and allowing parametric modeling.
- Successful completion of the course will provide students with the ability to use DesignModeler to import and create geometry for use in subsequent CFD analysis.
- Students will learn when it is appropriate to simplify, or defeature, CAD geometry, and how best to accomplish it.
- Students will learn how to extract flow domains for both internal and external flow applications.
- Students will learn how to use advanced features of DesignModeler, including the ability to create parametric models in which geometric dimensions can be readily changed.
- The main benefit from attending this course is that after one day, the analyst has the tools to become immediately effective and efficient in using DesignModeler for creating or importing geometry for real-world CFD applications.
Seminars begin promptly at 9 a.m. and finish at approximately 5 p.m. each day. Please arrive by 8:45 a.m. The seminar fee includes: course manuals, full color workshop manuals, & instruction. Coffee & donuts in the morning & lunch are provided for each student. Students must make their own travel arrangements. CAE Associates recommends against purchasing non-refundable airline tickets. Please see our course cancellation policy for more details.
- Engineering Consulting
- ANSYS Software & Support
- ANSYS Training
- About Us
- News & Insights
1579 Straits Turnpike Suite 2B
Middlebury, CT 06762
- ANSYS Software